Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


Today is Father's Day. It was a purposely ordinary day. We cleaned a little, did laundry, went to a movie, had lunch, talked, laughed, swam. So although it was an ordinary day, it was a perfect day.

On the way to dropping my son off back at his mom's, I took a moment to tell him this. Some people's life accomplishments are building a company, composing an anthem, writing a novel, discovering fire. My crowning achievement in this life time is Steven. He is special in so many ways, but most of all, he is nice, kind and has a good soul. I believe that he will grow up to be a great man. He will achieve greatness simply by the fact that he will touch the hearts of those around him.

Father's day is a time that we honor our dads, grandfathers, and us fathers are given acknowledgment of the time and effort it takes to be present, happy and joyful in our children's lives. But I see this also as a day to acknowledge our sons and daughters. It is a truly an honor to be the father of my son. I keep this with me close everyday. Everyday I give thanks for him and find that my love for him grows all the more.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a really nice day. I am jealous of you and your sons love ;p.